How to Set the Table for Kids | Printable Place Setting
Setting the table for each meal doesn't have to take a lot of time. An informal table setting is all you need to do for your regular weekly meal time. You can set a more formal table for special occasions.
Setting the table should only take a few minutes and it's a perfect chore for other family members. Teaching children how to properly set a table is a valuable skill they need.
You will receive a printable .pdf file with two pages.
- Informal Table Setting Guide
- Formal Table Setting Guide
Basic Table Setting Instructions
- Set place mat on the table or use a table cloth as desired.
- Put dinner plate on the center of place mat.
- Fold napkin and place in center of plate or to the left of the plate.
- Place fork to the left of the dinner plate and on top of napkin if not in center of plate.
- Place salad fork to the left of the fork if you are serving salad.
- Place knife to the right of dinner plate with the blade pointing toward the pate.
- Place spoon to the right of the knife.
- Place cup at the 1:00 position to the right of the dinner plate above the knife and spoon.
- If you use a salad plate and/ or bowl, you can place these on top of the dinner plate.
Things to Remember
- Knife blades always face the plate.
- You only set the table with utensils and dishes you will be using.
- The bread and butter knife is optional and used at your discretion.
How to Use Place Setting Template
- Print out Place Setting Templates
- Laminate templates if desired.
- Keep templates in your kitchen or dining room as a guide for teaching your children how to properly set the table.
You can purchase my favorite paper here.
REFUNDS are not available for digital designs, sales are final. I will do everything possible to make sure you are happy with your order. If you have any problems, please let me know!